Setup instructions for KGC.cc Mail
(Domain based Gmail hosted by Google)
Note: To access KGC.cc web mail, or to control your account, go to:
or, for less typing replace hosted with the letter "a"
There are several ways you can use your new KGC.cc mail account:
- Automatically forward mail to you current ISP, after removing suspected spam.
- Keep your mail on a real mailbox at KGC.cc (Google) until you read it with favorite eMail program (Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.)
- Access your mail at KGC.cc via a Web Browser, from any machine on the internet. (You can still download to your eMail program when you get home.)
For anyone choosing option 1 (the initial way I setup previously existing KGC.cc addresses) you should review at least the first two of these examples:
- Reviewing suspected spam - This allows you find any mail that that you really wanted to receive, but was rejected as spam.
- Change ISP - When you travel north or south and change, you can now change your forwarding address yourself, you don't have to ask Wren or Sandy to do it for you. You can change it exactly when you want to, and know when it's been done.
- Use actual KGC.cc mailbox - Shows how to convert to option 2 above, keeping your mail at KGC.cc until you download to your eMail program. Along with option 2, automatically comes option 3 - Web Browser access.
- Using your Nickname - Shows how to set up a second account which uses your nickname when sending mail using the Web Browser interface.
As people have more questions, I'll try to post more examples of using options 2 and 3.
KGC.cc Home Page Cherryfield.net Resource Index
Visits since June 14, 2006: