Sending Pictures via
An alternative to eMailing pictures is to share them via ACDSee's Sendpix.com ... pictures sent by eMail have to be encoded as text and therefore take about twice as long to download as the same picture on a website. This is especially important if you or your recipient has a dial-up line. Also, especially if you have a dial-up line, the big advantage is you only upload the pictures once (at twice the speed of sending them once by eMail). Sendpix.com will send a link to the pictures to those you specify, but you can also send the link to other people later.
- You've probably already created a subject folder with your best pictures that you want to share.
- If you want captions on your pictures when they are posted, turn on the Properties window, and click on the Database tab. Fill in the Caption: field for the pictures you're going to post.
- Using the ACDSee Browser, select (highlight) the pictures you want to send. (You can use Edit / Select all images, or CNTL-I to select them all.)
- In the File menu, choose Sendpix Album ... and choose create a new album.
- Fill in a name for the Album ... probably the same name you gave the subject folder.
- When you click on Next don't be surprised by a delay while it builds the next screen.
- You will then have a last chance to add/delete pictures, reorder them (little green arrows move the selected one), or check a caption (description).
- After clicking Next again, you can fill in eMail addresses and a message. If button for the address book is grayed out, you may find it easier to just send the eMail to one person, or even yourself. Sendpix.com will send you a confirmation eMail telling you the link to your Album ... you can copy and paste this link into other eMails you send with standard eMail program.
- If you haven't already, you will have to Create a User Account (the left-most purple button). All you need to fill in is your name and eMail address.
- After you've addressed and filled in your message, you just click Next, and then Send on the last screen.
- ACDSee will automatically downsize and compress you images, before uploading them to the Website.
- Remember, the Album on the website is automatically deleted after 30 days.
- Also remember that there is no need to upload the same Album a second time during those weeks, just copy and paste the link they send you in the confirmation eMail into a message you send anyone else using your standard eMail program.
Recommendation: For your first album, just address the message to yourself ... then you can see both the message your recipent would get and the confirmation message you will get with each new album. After checking out the link to your album, you can copy and paste the link into standard eMails.
Back to ACDSee Tips Index